Does your building have a fire-suppressing sprinkler system installed? If not, you have the option to have your building retrofitted with a sprinkler system to protect your organization in the event of a fire. You may be concerned about the cost of doing something like this, however, the cost is well worth the investment. The damage caused by a fire, would likely cost a greater amount than installing the sprinkler system in the first place! There are many benefits to having a fire-suppression system in your building, and you can read some of them below!
- A sprinkler system is designed to control or extinguish fires in the early stages. This makes it easier and safer for building occupants to exit the building, and for firefighters to extinguish any fire that remains.
- Sprinklers reduce the loss due to fire. This allows your organization to be up and running quicker, after the fire.
- Fire-suppression systems reduce your liability in the event of a fire. Sprinkler systems are considered “a reasonable level of care”, meaning a building owner could pay over $1 million per life that is lost in the fire, where a sprinkler system was not present.
- In some states, organizations can even qualify for certain income tax reductions if your building has a sprinkler system.
- Peace of mind! Fires are a relatively common occurrence, and there is nothing like knowing your building and its occupants are safe.
If you would like to read more about the benefits of retrofitting your building with a fire-suppression sprinkler system, click here! Our goal is to keep you and your organization safe and prevent damage from fire. If you have any questions about fire safety, and what you can do to manage your risk, please contact us! We would be happy to answer your questions you may have.