16 Point Risk Management Assessment for Churches
The purpose of risk management is to create a process for managing uncertainty in an organization. Even more simply, we’re trying to create a system to assess what could go wrong, and then doing something about it.
The questions below can be evaluated on a this scale. Use the printable checklist to record your assessment.
> 2 YEARS
< 1 YEAR
1) When was the last time you evaluated your property limits with a replacement cost estimator to determine if your limits are appropriate?
2) When did you last complete an inventory checklist?
3) When was the last time you evaluated the following for the safety of your building?
- Commercial Property Building Inspection Checklist
- Building Safety Checklist
- Cold Weather Maintenance Check
- Snow and Ice Removal Checklist
- Facilities Use Agreement
- Lending your church facility checklist
4) When was the last time you reviewed your Business Continuity Plan to protect your net income?
5) When was the last time you reviewed your Emergency Action and Crisis Communication Plans?
6) When was the last time you did an annual insurance coverage review?
7) When was the last time you reviewed your employee theft prevention materials?
8) When was the last time you reviewed your Abuse Prevention Policy?
9) When was the last time you reviewed your Social Media Policies and Procedures?
- Social Media Sample Policy
- Social Media Disclaimer Checklists
- Social Media Risk Management Checklists
10) When was the last time you reviewed your risk management plan for your board members?
11) When was the last time you evaluated the following in regards to Workers’ Compensation?
- Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Return to Work Plans
- Return to Work Policy
- Safety and Health Audit
- Safety Awareness Survey
- Bloodborne Pathogens Program & Training Materials
- Preventing Slip and Fall Accidents Checklist
- Slip and Fall Hazards Poster
- Lifting safety – Correct Lift
12) When was the last time you evaluated the following in regards to your Employment Practices Liability?
- Employee Handbook
- Employment Practices Scorecard
- Employee Health and Safety
- General Employee Safety Manual
- Background screening checklist
13) When was the last time you reviewed your foreign travel safety plans?
14) When was the last time you reviewed the following in regards to cyber security?
15) When was the last time you reviewed the following in regards to your fleet of vehicles?
- Fleet Cost Containment Strategies Presentation
- Fleet Safety Policy
- Annual vehicle inspection report checklist
- Vehicle service due status report
16) When was the last time you evaluated the following in regards to auto safety and accident prevention?
Looking for more? See Brotherhood Mutual’s Big Book of Checklists
It’s a practical, easy-to-use tool designed to help ministries of all sizes assess and address common risks. You can download the whole eBook to share with your team or scroll through the risk management categories below and download the individual checklists any time you need them.
Customer Service Team
"I enjoy helping clients figure out their best option for personal insurance. I also enjoy the fact that the insurance world is always changing; it keeps my work interesting."