Buildings, office equipment, vehicles, and school supplies are some of the tools that help keep your organization productive and effective. Property Protection covers them against loss from potential threats such as fires or frozen pipes.
Types of Property You May Need to Insure
- Buildings and other structures
- Furniture, equipment and supplies
- Money and Securities
- Records of Accounts Receivables
- Electronic data processing equipment
- Valued documents, books and papers
- Property being transported
- Satellite dishes
- Signs, fences and other outdoor property not directly attached to the building
- Intangible property
- Ordinary payroll
- Extra expenses as a result of a loss
Example of Claims Covered
Frozen pipes: During a cold winter, a community center’s pipes froze and burst inside their facility. This caused major water damage to their building. The community center needed extensive repairs, which came at a great cost. These repairs were covered and paid for under the community center’s property insurance policy.