Employment Practices Liability
Protects against wrongful termination, discrimination, or sexual harassment suits from your current, prospective or former employees. This coverage protects directors, officers, and employees from acts committed internally or by a third party.
How does this benefit your organization?
Pays for an organization to defend itself against a number of wrongful employment practices allegations such as:
- Actual or alleged wrongful dismissal, discharge, or termination
- Employment-related misrepresentation
- Employment-related libel, slander, humiliation, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity, wrongful demotion or negligent evaluation
- Wrongful discipline
- Punitive damages
- Coercion or humiliation in relation to race, marital status, gender, age, physical and/or mental impairments, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and any other protected class established by federal, state or local statutes.
Example of Claims Covered
Unauthorized Raise: A bookkeeper at an organization gave herself a raise when the organization transitioned from one executive director to another. The employee was terminated. A year and a half later, the employee filed a claim with the EEOC stating discrimination and wrongful termination.