Our agency trains, educates, and builds brand awareness. We are seeking a dedicated Marketing Specialist to further our mission.
Our business is thriving in large part due to our ability to communicate to prospects about our products, services, and experience in niche markets. Our culture is built around the motto, “we serve those who serve others.” We serve approximately 7,000 churches and non-profits across a nine-state region.
We offer competitive earnings and benefits with opportunities for rewards as your ability to contribute increases. An often-cited benefit is good work/life balance.
The Marketing Specialist will create marketing campaigns and put them into action. They will design content that is engaging and relevant to our audience. They will implement these campaigns and track the results. Projects will vary and provide you with exposure to the different types of marketing and technical skills needed to accomplish the marketing goals.
If you have three years of marketing experience with strong writing and project management skills, consider becoming the Marketing Specialist at Bitner Henry Insurance Group.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist creates and implements marketing campaigns that target either prospects or current customers.
Besides campaigns, they create and manage an array of content. This content includes article posts, web page content, marketing materials for our sales agents, and training materials for staff.
The Marketing Specialist will track and report on metrics for the marketing department.
Finally, the Marketing Specialist will maintain and update the prospect database.
- You are perceptive to how the audience will receive the communication.
- You can sometimes work for longer periods of time with minimal social contact.
- You like being a part of a smaller team in a company.
- You can balance pride in your work with receiving constructive feedback
- You can reliably deliver work in a professional manner
Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated strong writing skills, persuasive and informative
- Good graphics design ability with demonstrated work
- Ability to work independently on projects that work towards the overall goals of the department
- Familiar with creating content, preferably in a business environment, in a variety of forms such as written, visual and multimedia
How much insurance knowledge is required?
- Insurance knowledge is not required. Most content that you produce will come from knowledge sources that already exist.
- As you progress, you will begin to learn terms and concepts related to insurance and how it’s sold that will clarify how to effectively communicate in this industry.
- High School graduate, college degree preferred.
- A degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or English is a plus.
- 3 years of marketing experience.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Medium-paced, minimal noise, team orientation with solo projects.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
When submitting a resume, a link to a portfolio or attached examples of marketing or general communications-related work is helpful.
About Bitner Henry
Founded in 1938, Bitner Henry is now a fourth-generation family owned and operated insurance agency that retains the core values of professionalism, integrity and caring. Now serving insurance needs in a nine-state region, Bitner-Henry provides personal, business, church, and social service insurance to meet their client needs. You can learn more about Bitner-Henry at www.bitnerhenry.com.