The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a key role in our thriving business. We serve churches and non-profits across a nine-state region. We are looking for candidates who can bring exceptional customer service and embrace our motto, “Serving those who serve others.”
Long-term relationships are important to us. The best candidates would be those who wish to develop their career with us. An often-cited benefit is excellent work life balance with 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. hours. We additionally offer competitive earnings and benefits.
We have the flexibility to onboard those with a wide range of backgrounds from those just starting out to experienced professionals seeking a career change. The CSR promotes customer satisfaction by explaining policy coverage, resolving billing questions, aiding in filing claims, and suggesting and quoting new coverage. The position supports the milestones of insurance policy administration including proposals, new binds, and renewals.
The following five attributes will help you determine if you are a good fit with our opportunity. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been seeking, then please tell us how your qualifications fit with the following five attributes in your cover letter.
1. Structured training. You will be trained in the use of state-of-the art software. Each day you will receive detailed feedback to accelerate your professional growth.
2. Multi-tasking. You will manage time-sensitive, complex, tasks.
3. Attention to detail. We take pride in making sure that every customer is served professionally, accurately, and consistently.
4. Teamwork. Attendance, punctuality, dependability, and reliability are key to both the company and your personal success.
5. Licensed profession. We can start those with or without a license. We pay for the licensing class as needed.
- Strong problem solving, listening, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized, people oriented, adaptable.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information.
- Committed to continuous learning of industry best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic, environment.
- Positive attitude, empathetic, strong attention to detail.
Skills and Experience
- Focuses on improving the customer experience.
- Ability to accurately manage a high volume of detailed information.
- Utilizes information technology to accomplish goals.
- Skillfully defines customer needs and offers solutions.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with teammates.
- Practices humility, acknowledges mistakes, makes correction, and supports others.
- High School graduate.
- College degree preferred.
- P&C and Life and Health Licensing desired.
- Advanced professional designations (CIC, CISR, CRM) a strong plus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: Fast paced, minimal noise, team orientation.
About Bitner Henry
Founded in 1938, Bitner Henry Insurance Group is now a fourth-generation family owned and operated insurance agency that retains the core values of professionalism, integrity and caring. Now serving insurance needs in a nine-state region, Bitner Henry Insurance Group provides personal, business, church, and social service insurance to meet their client needs. You can learn more about Bitner Henry Insurance Group at www.bitnerhenry.com.