The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a key role in our thriving business. We serve churches and non-profits across a nine-state region. We are looking for candidates who can bring exceptional customer service and embrace our motto, “we serve those who serve others.”
Long-term relationships are important to us. The best candidates would be those who wish to develop their career with us. We offer on-sight training and encourage advancement. An often-cited benefit is excellent work life balance with 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. hours. We additionally offer competitive earnings and benefits.
We have the flexibility to onboard those with a wide range of backgrounds from those just starting out to experienced professionals seeking a career change.
The CSR promotes customer satisfaction by explaining policy coverage, resolving billing questions, aiding in filing claims, and suggesting and quoting new coverage. The position also supports basic milestones of policy administration including proposals, new binds, and renewals.
The following five attributes will help you determine if you are a good fit with our opportunity. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been seeking, then please tell us how your qualifications fit with the following five attributes in your cover letter.
- Embracing a feedback driven training program is expected. (During this training you will use state-of-the art software. Your daily work will be checked, and we will discover your strengths and areas where we can assist in your professional growth.)
- The ability to multi-task and handle interruptions is essential. You will be expected to manage time-sensitive, complex tasks while being an effective team player.
- Attention to detail is critical. We take pride in making sure that every customer is served professionally, accurately, and consistently/. As such, priority will be given to candidates demonstrating a desire and ability to learn.
- Our customers and your teammates count on your daily commitment. Attendance, punctuality, dependability, and reliability are key to both the company and your personal success.
- Obtaining an insurance license is expected. Professional certifications are encouraged. Our in-house training, combined with excellence in time management, communication, and organizational skills, will lead to success.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information.
- Committed to continuous learning of industry best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment.
Skills and Experience
- Maintains a professional presence in all communication.
- Ability to accurately manage a high volume of detailed information.
- Utilizes information technology to accomplish goals.
- Skillfully defines customer needs and offers solutions.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with teammates.
- Practices humility, acknowledges mistakes, makes correction, and supports others.
- High School graduate, college degree preferred.
- Insurance licensure which can be pursued on the job.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: Fast paced, minimal noise, team orientation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Darrin Coon, Human Resources Manager, at Dcoon@Bitnerhenry.com.
About Bitner Henry
Founded in 1938, Bitner Henry is now a fourth-generation family owned and operated insurance agency that retains the core values of professionalism, integrity and caring. Now serving insurance needs in a nine-state region, Bitner Henry provides personal, business, church, and social service insurance to meet their client needs. You can learn more about Bitner Henry at www.bitnerhenry.com.